Mutual Funds
Call 1 800 422-3554 to speak with
an investment specialist
Gabelli Funds IRA Transfer Form

Use this form to transfer IRA assets from another institution to your exisitng Gabelli Funds account.

Change In Registration

Use this form for Change of Account Registration, also known as Transfers, within the same fund. This form may not be used for Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) or exchanges between other Gabelli funds.

Roth IRA Conversion Form

Use this form to convert an existing IRA into a Roth IRA.

IRA Conversion & Transfer Request Form

Use this form only when converting a Traditional IRA with another firm to a Roth IRA with Gabelli Funds

Transfer on Death Agreement

Use this form to designate someone to pass on the investment.

IRA Distribution Request Form

If you would like to receive a regular, premature, rollover, disability or excess contribution distribution fill out this form and mail it to the address provided.

Account Options Form

Use this form to start an Automatic Investment Plan into a Gabelli Fund(s) from a checking account or a Gabelli Money Market account. You can also use this form to set up Banking Instructions on your Gabelli account to allow Periodic Telephone or Internet Purchases and/or redemptions. This form can be used to update/change current banking instructions on your account.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan Application

Use this form to establish a Systematic Withdrawal plan from your existing Gabelli Funds Account.

Change of Beneficiary Form

Use this form to change the beneficiaries on your existing Gabelli Funds IRA account. This form cannot be used for regular investment accounts. Estate planning for taxable accounts is handled through a last will and testament or other estate planning tools. Consult a qualified financial advisor for more details on estate planning

Power of Attorney Registration

Use this form to give a third party the ability to act for you either orally or in writing to purchase, sell, exchange or transfer shares within any account you hold with our mutual funds.

Letter of Intent Form

Use this form to seek Reduction of Sales Charges for Load Class Shares of Gabelli Funds

Gift to Nonprofit Organizations Form

Use this form to gift shares of your Gabelli Fund account to a nonprofit organization only. Both you (the donor) and the recipient must complete the appropriate sections.

Letter of Instruction Form

Use this form to provide Gabelli Funds with a Medallion Guaranteed Letter of Instruction.

W-7 Application

Use Form W-7 to apply for an IRS individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN). An ITIN is a nine-digit number issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a social security number (SSN) (Rev. October 1999).

IRS Form W-8

–  W-8BEN

Certificate of Foriegn Status of Beneficial Owner for US Tax Withholding (Rev. December 2000).

Foreign persons are subject to U.S. tax at a 30% rate on income they receive from U.S. sources If you receive certain types of income, use Form W-8BEN to:

  • Establish that you are a foreign person;
  • Claim that you are the beneficial owner of the income for which Form W-8BEN is being provided; and
  • If applicable, claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding as a resident of a foreign country with which the United States has an income tax treaty.
  • Instructions

–  Form W-8ECI

Certificate of Foreign Person's Claim for Exemption From Withholding on Income Effectively Connected With the Conduct of a Trade or Business in the United States (Rev. December 2000).

–  Form W-8EXP

Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for United States Tax Withholding (Rev. December 2000). Use this if you are a foreign government, international organization, foreign central banks of issue, foreign tax-exempt organization, foreign private foundation, and government of U.S. possessions.

Use this form to tell us that you are a nonresident alien individual, foreign entity, or exempt foreign person not subject to certain U.S. information return reporting or backup withholding rules.

IRS Form W-9 - Request For Taxpayer Identification and Certification

Use this form to correct or change the Tax ID number/Social security number that you have on file with us or certify that you are not subject to back up withholding.

You can click here to download these from the IRS' web site.

Account Applications

There are several ways you can open a Gabelli Funds open-end mutual fund account. Before establishing your new account, you should consider the investment objectives, risks, sales charges, and expenses of the fund. The prospectus contains more information about this and other matters and should be read carefully before investing.

If you need help opening your new account, please contact an Investor Representative at 800-GABELLI (422-3554), Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Invest by Telephone

If you have an existing account with Gabelli Funds, you can make additional investments by telephone. Contact Shareholder Services at 800-GABELLI (422-3554), Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time to talk to a live representative, or use the Gabelli Funds Automated Portfolio System at 800-872-5365. Select option #2, "To Work with Funds you Own,", then select option #3, "Purchase, Exchange, or Redeem".

Invest Online

To open a new account online directly with Gabelli Funds, go to Account Access and select the Establish New Account button to be guided through the investment process. If you are an existing Gabelli Funds shareholder, you may login and select the Buy Shares link.

Invest by Mail

Everything you need to invest in any of the Gabelli Funds is right here. Once you have filled in the applicable areas, you will have a completed account application which can be signed and mailed to our address.

  PDF Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.

New Account

  Investment Application - Class, AAA Shares
Use this form to open an account in Class AAA Shares of any of the Gabelli Funds. Do not use this for Closed-end funds or for IRAs. Use the IRA Application for opening IRA accounts. Mandatory Cost Basis Reporting FAQ

  Certification of Beneficial Owners
This form must be completed along with the Investment Application for new legal entity accounts. For purposes of this form, a legal entity includes a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, and any other similar business entity.

For a Multiclass application, please contact our Broker-Dealer department by phone at 800-422-2274 or by email at


  Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Application - Class AAA Shares
Use this form to open a Gabelli IRA, or SEP IRA Account.
This form can also be used to open up a Roth IRA account.

  Universal IRA Information Kit

For a Multiclass application, please contact our Broker-Dealer department by phone at 800-422-2274 or by email at

Education Accounts

  Coverdell Education Savings Account Application
Use this form to open a Coverdell Education Savings Account (formerly Education IRA).

  Coverdell Education Savings Account Transfer Request Form
Use this form when transferring a Coverdell Education Savings Account from another institution.

  Coverdell Education Savings Account Handbook

403 B

  Gabelli Funds 403(b)(7) Account Application & Transfer Form
Use this form to open a 403(b)(7) account or transfer assets from an exisitng 403(b)(7) account.


To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.

All information must be completed and will be verified as required by the USA Patriot Act.