Home > Our Firm > Career Opportunities
Whether you are still in school, just starting your career, or an experienced professional, GAMCO Investors, Inc.
is always looking for top PHD's to join our staff.
Get the PHD Attitude!
Instructions for Submitting Resumes
GAMCO Investors, Inc. is a dynamic and aggressive firm seeking bright, energetic individuals with an entrepreneurial attitude and
an interest in the financial services industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter including overall GPA and SAT scores to email@example.com for
consideration. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and reside in the metro NY area. Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in a position that is not listed please email a cover letter specifying your area of interest and your resume
- Develop tax planning strategies and review progress with leadership.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and research projects related to the tax consequences and strategies of various initiatives.
- Conduct federal and state tax research and year-end planning.
- Oversee tax compliance, planning and accounting.
- Review and oversight responsibility for various federal and state income tax returns including quarterly estimated income and sales tax returns, FIN 48, FASB/SEC tax reporting, 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Bachelor degree in accounting with a graduate degree in taxation ideal.
- 10+ years of corporate and/or public accounting tax experience.
- Related financial services experience required.
- Highly motivated with excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
40 ACT ATTORNEY
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate preparation of SEC and other regulatory filings.
- Review and assist with drafting of registration statements and offering documents for new funds, and secondary offerings of closed-end funds.
- Review and assist with negotiation of selling, distribution, sub-advisory, custody and related fund agreements.
- Review mutual fund sales literature and provide legal support for fund marketing efforts.
- Provide legal advice regarding corporate governance issues.
- Keep abreast of new and proposed regulatory developments affecting the funds business.
- J.D. degree from a top tier, accredited law school.
- Admitted in good standing to practice in New York State.
- 3-5 years relevant experience with law firm or fund company.
- Excellent issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment and initiative in selecting the most effective solutions.
- Strong contract drafting and communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with executive leadership.