TETON Westwood SmallCap Equity Fund Class AAA
Fund Overview for TW SmallCap Equity Fund AAA
The TETON Westwood SmallCap Equity Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in smaller capitalization equity securities.
Principal Investment Strategies:
Under normal market conditions, the SmallCap Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in a
portfolio of common stocks of smaller companies. These smaller companies have a market capitalization (defined as shares outstanding times current market price) of between $100 million and $2.5 billion at the time of the SmallCap Fund's initial investment.
In selecting securities for the Fund, the Sub-Adviser considers companies which offer:
- an increasing return on equity
- a low debt/equity ratio
- recent earnings surprises that may mark the beginning of a trend towards improved returns and profitability particularly when these trends have not been fully reflected in consensus earnings estimates
- current market valuation that is significantly below proprietary valuation estimates
Frequently small capitalization companies exhibit one or more of the following traits:
- new products or technologies
- new distribution methods
- rapid changes in industry conditions due to regulatory or other developments
- changes in management or similar characteristics that may result in expected growth in
The Fund may invest in relatively new or unseasoned companies, which are in their early stages of development, or small companies in new and emerging industries.
Because smaller growth companies are less actively followed by stock analysts and less information is available on which to base stock price evaluations, the market may overlook favorable trends in particular smaller growth companies, and then adjust its valuation more quickly once investor interest is gained. Smaller growth companies may also be more subject to a valuation catalyst (such as increased investor attention, takeover efforts or a change in management) than larger companies.
The Fund may appeal to you if:
- you are a long-term investor
- you seek long-term growth of capital
- you seek investments in small capitalization stocks as part of your overall investment strategy
TETON Westwood SmallCap Equity Fund
|Fund Structure: ||Open End
|Investment Style: ||Small Cap Value
|Inception: ||April 15, 1997
|Class AAA : ||WESCX
|Class A : ||WWSAX
|Class C : ||WWSCX
|Class I : ||WWSIX
Securities of smaller companies present greater risks than securities of larger, more established companies. The stocks of smaller companies may trade less frequently and experience more abrupt price movements than stocks of larger companies, therefore, investing in this sector involves special challenges.
Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the Fund before investing. The prospectus, which contains more complete information about this and other matters, should be read carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus, please call 800-GABELLI or visit www.gabelli.com.
The Gabelli Mutual Funds are distributed by G.distributors, LLC., a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA.